Full Stack Developer
Hello! I'm a full-stack developer. I live and work in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, where I create really cool web stuff for The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill during the day, and create really cool web stuff just for fun at night.
- Design Concepts
- Plan - what's the best way to do THIS project?
- Create Graphics (using Adobe PS)
- Use versioning (SVN/Git)
- Re-factor existing site code to meet today's standards
- Make my Sys Admin happy by keeping up with security news
- Learn - and help others learn - new techniques (i.e., demos on codepen)
- Use Analytics to give better advice
- HTML5/CSS3/JS for static sites
- WordPress - the best CMS is a customized CMS!
- Ghost (uses Node.js)
- BBIS - a Blackbaud NetCommunity Product (CMS)
- PHP (esp. writing customizations for WordPress)
- ASP.NET (C#)
- MySQL/SQL (when a database is required)
- Working around languages I'm not fluent in (i.e., design for a site that uses python/mongoDB)
My motto: If I don't know how to do it, I just don't know how to do it yet!